Sunday, March 19, 2006

Project Spectrum - Late Start

So it being March 19th, it seems to me like I'm getting a bit of a late start to the whole posting about Project Spectrum thing.

I have a new button for it. It's over there in my sidebar. The rainbow background is hand carded wool from the Weaving Works.



At some point it will probably get spun up into a very small skein of yarn. I'm going to navajo ply it so the colors stay distinct, but since I'm expecting to get less than 30 yards of yarn out of this exercise, I have absolutely no idea what to do with it after that point.

The day I carded that spectrum, I did a couple others. One of them has already been spun, and I have no idea where it is. The other one I gave to Peacock and she spun at some point last week.



Hers is a bit muddier than mine because instead of using separate commercially dyed colors for each stop on the color wheel, I used 3 colors of wool to blend the entire rainbow. In both the fluff and the yarn, the bright yellow overpowers both the magenta and the turquoise. Now that I think about it the 3rd full set, the one I already spun was probably also blended colors composed of red, yellow and blue. If I recall correctly the purple in that set was downright brownish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home