Monday, March 06, 2006

I've earned Pyrite

I got the sweater done in time to wear it to the birthday dinner last night. I have no photos... but I did get compliments.

I am quite pleased with the fit and look, even though I can't wear it over anything more than a tank top. The neckline is slightly fussy as it's very straight across the front and back and tends to curl, but I like the effect over all. It looks rather like a faire bodice with relatively narrow shoulders set very wide on the shoulders.

Makes me wish I'd sewn it together years ago instead of letting my worries that it couldn't possibly fit stop me. I'd heard that Debbie Bliss' patterns ran small right about the time I finished the knitting and I was more interested in keeping it a UFO than I was having it fail completely... bother!

After dinner the sweater got ooh-ed and aah-ed over by two of the cutest little kids ever. The elder one is just beginning to knit and they both were quite impressed. The littler one asked about making it in some detail so I explained knitting the pieces flat, sewing them all together and crochetting the edging on afterwards.

Photographic proof to follow when I have the time to get a picture.

1 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pyrite! You crack me up! Please, please show us a photo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home