Sunday, November 19, 2006

Toes of Socks - I

I have just discovered a new favorite toe.

I finished a pair of green Lorna's in a 4x1 rib. And when it came time to do the toe, I decided that it would be interesting to see if I could modify the pointy toes from Knitting Vintage Socks, so that I would not have toes that pointy, but could still just thread the yarn through 8 stitches at the end of the toe.

So I did a standard decreasing 4 stitches every other row toe until I had 8 stitches remaining on each needle. Then I decreased every row until I had 8 stitches total.

I love them. No kitchnering, and no pointy toe. This is my new default toe.

(Pictures to be added later when I find where the kitty hid my cable. He's decided that cords are fun to play with.. I'm trying to break him of that, and hopefully it takes soon!)

4 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok. So. When will we see a pic of this new toe? Eh? I've got two pairs of socks awaiting kitchner right now.....putting off the inevitable here. Tell me more!! Save me from kitchner!!

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Looking forward to seeing your pictures! The toes on my Gentlemen's Socks were way too pointy so I think you made a wise decision modifying yours. In fact, I am probably going rip my toes out and re-do them.

 
At 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't wait to see the pics!!! oh, the excitement!!

happy holidays!

sp9

 
At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your exams!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home