Sunday, November 05, 2006

Socktoberfest Yarn Accounting and Contest Winners!

Skeins of yarn:
136! That's right, I have over one hundred thirty skeins of sock yarn!
No one actually guessed how many skeins were in the stash, so both prizes go to people who guessed based on potential socks. There is one winner that guessed before the "end date" of Friday 10/27, and one who guessed after it passed.

Potential socks:
86...
I think I have some knitting to do...
This means that Kim (who guessed 66 pair, before the deadline) and Janell (who guessed 76, after it) will be getting some sock yarn from me.
(Ladies, you should have an email asking you some questions about what you look for in a sock yarn. Let me know what you like.)

I'm going to save the breakdown of these staggering numbers into type of yarn for another post. And, obviously, my sock yarn inventory is going to carry me out into November. But since I have no intention of ceasing to knit socks, that seems perfectly fine with me. For that matter, I'm thinking to start using Squirl to start keeping track of my stash. I do need to go check if it will output my collection or not, and, if not, then perhaps I'll set up something else. Checked, it will output as a comma delimited list, which is perfectly fine with me.

4 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger Emma said...

Wow, that's a pretty impressive sock yarn stash. So. jealous!

 
At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!Thats impressive!I guess sock yarn isn't on my list for the KMKS goodies to send.I am your secret pal and popped over looking for your answers.I will check back in a couple of days.Have fun with all that sock yarn!

 
At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheesh! 136 ?!?! I have enough for maybe 15. LOL. Hmm... you can never have too much, right?!?

Secret Pal

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

And I thought I had a lot of sock yarn - clearly I am only an amateur!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home