Monday, October 16, 2006

Socktoberfest - Confession preparation

I went into the spare bedroom this afternoon to prep for my sock yarn confession and found myself doing a minor edit of how my other yarns were shelved.

In the course of doing this I found a handful of projects that just needed to be ripped out. Among these, the bottom 6 inches of a tank top begun in 2001 and the cuffs of two pairs of knee socks that I am now comfortable admitting that I will not finish in that particular incarnation.

It's refreshing to rip something back to yarn and declare it a new blank slate. If I were being truly responsible, I'd re-skein the yarn and block it, but I'm not. I might do it when I decide to start something with the yarn in question, but then again, I might not.

Sock yarn confessions should come later today or tomorrow, but if not then, then not until next weekend.

2 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL... I did the same thing a few days ago, but the yarn I used was really crappy.... so it went to the garbage. I can't wait to read more....

SP

 
At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Refreshing.... maybe I should send you my wip's that have been abandoned! I hate ripping.... so much work went into it.

Don't make me send you that mohair lace shawl I got about half way thru.... I'll do it....

hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home