Monday, October 23, 2006

Socktoberfest Confessions & Contests...

Containers filled with sock yarn:
7 shoebox sized sterlites
5 larger sterlites (I believe they're the next size larger)
There are around 6 pairs worth of yarn on the floor that didn't fit.
And 3 more floating around the apartment because they're "in progress"

I mentioned a contest. And I shall deliver.

Guess how many skeins of sock yarn I have coralled in my apartment.
-or-
Guess how many pairs of socks* those skeins of sock yarn could make if I knit from now until the end of time making nothing but socks... (have I mentioned I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by my sock yarn stash?)

The prize, you ask?
Yup, it's the predictable answer, sock yarn!
There are two questions, there will be two winners.
I'll ask you a few questions about what you like working with and your favorite colors and pick what I think is a good fit from my stash!
And, if you don't knit, or don't knit socks, I'm sure we can work something out, so guess anyways.

Submit your guesses to onmyneedles at bethieee dot org by the end of this week, Friday the 27th in order to enter the contest.

* For the record, I counted pairs of 50 gram balls and 100 gram skeins as one pair of socks. To make my life easier, 50 gram single balls were also counted as a pair of socks, but there weren't many of those. I can get footies out of one 50 gram ball of yarn, whether I actually choose to do so when it comes time to knit them, or not is another matter entirely.

4 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger Heide said...

62 pairs? I'm having a contest too, so if you want to replace some of the sock yarn you're giving away then head on over. Hee!

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm.. i'm guessing 105


SP

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Almond Tea said...

I'm going to say 76

 
At 4:31 AM, Blogger metal and knit said...

126 pairs i guess the tubs are well packed tight

 

Post a Comment

<< Home