Friday, February 10, 2006

Leaf Lace Shawl

You all know that I got myself quite a bit of Koigu for Christmas this year. I picked 2 different spreads of color designed to work well in lace shawls that go from color to color (like Charlotte's Web, though I have no intentions of making that particular pattern).

What you don't know is that I just finished the knitting on a shawl of with this same general idea. The silly part, I used 3 colors that I had in my stash. I picked 3 different blues and the leaf lace shawl pattern from FiberTrends. The pattern was a joy to knit, I wound up using almost half a ball extra of the third color so I wouldn't need to pull it back at all, but since I had the yarn in stash, I didn't have a problem using the second ball. With the half a ball still remaining, I'm making wristwarmers, one's finished the other one's almost halfway there.



Here it is, not yet blocked. I finished the knitting at a friend's birthday party a couple weeks ago and wore it over my shoulders for the rest of the evening. I got lots of compliments on it and am looking forward to showing it off at knitting group once I've blocked it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home