Sunday, January 29, 2006

Contest Results - Happy New Year !!!

It happens to be Chinese New Year this time around, but it is New Years Eve none-the-less.

And that makes it the perfect time to announce the winners of my New Year's Present contest.

I was so startled when I read the responses to my second contest post and realized that people were completely flummoxed. It was quite odd. I thought I'd picked a question that was fairly easy. I appear to have been wrong. This is one of the responses that I got,

"i've been thinking about this since you posted it originally and i'm either incredibly dense or it's well hidden...oh wait, you said it was in plain sight *rats* my original thought was that someone (peacock?) had gotten you a gorgeous assortment of koigu...but that wouldn't have been "made" for you...unless maybe it was enough colors for a really big charlotte (in other words 'making' a kit...yeah i know...weak) i'm fairly sure that the current photo was NOT the header photo i remember for your site...and of course there's no way to go back and check to see if i was right...it's not much of a guess but did someone make you the header photo for the blog? the only other thing i could think of (looking now) was perhaps something to do with the piggies but you posted that after the original post...argh throwing up my hands in frustration"

I find this so amusing because in this particular email all the correct answers were present in the text, but she wasn't sure enough to just come out and say it! It's also quite cute because I got myself the gorgeous assortment of Koigu for myself as a Christmas present.

The answer to the contest question is that Peacock made me the banner at the top of my blog and figured out how to install it so the corners were rounded and everything. She's wonderful!

So, for the winners: Laurie had the first response and Mia had the first correct response.
And the prizes:



I figured it would be appropriate to give Koigu as the prize when the wonderful present was a picture of a koigu rainbow. The stitchmarkers were made by Peacock and me, the yarn purchased at the Fiber Gallery in Seattle.

3 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger laurie said...

lol it does look pretty darn silly doesn't it...at least this time i sent you an email :oP

re: the banner...it's lovely (and very well done)...and i agree with you, peacock IS wonderful (and lucky me has reason to know *grin*)

thank you so much for your (and peacock's ) generosity...the yarn and markers are both lovely...looks like you coordinated markers to yarn? how clever!!

oh boy oh boy...a reason to watch the mail now! ;o)

 
At 5:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was trying to find your email, but your New Year's post seems the perfect one to say Thank You! I just received your glorious postcard in the mail. Happy New Year!

 
At 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just thought I would let you know I received your postcard! Thank you so much and for your kind words! Happy New Year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home