Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas !!!

I hope that everyone has had a wonderful Christmas with much love and joy.
Ours is wrapping up (it's well past my bedtime) and a lovely day was had by all (though it didn't quite wrap up soon enough to completely avoid me snapping at a couple of my loved ones. I hope they forgive me)
Tomorrow will be an early one, hopefully with some knitting.

My favorite present of the day: A loom.

Don't get quite so excited. It's a cute little thing in an antique box and it weaves either 4x4 or 2x4 squares. (I know my geometry and have a problem with the concept of a 2x4 square, but apparently the editors of the instruction sheet did not have any such compunctions.)

And... It's "the only hand loom with heddle action."



Apparently there were two nifty looms in my grandmother's house, but only enough pieces to make one complete loom. I'm slightly suprised that there was a nifty old loomish thing. I'm not at all suprised that out of two boxes, there was one complete loom.

1 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh - how exciting! Have you made anything yet? I have a knitter loom and love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home