Friday, December 23, 2005

CandyCane Hat

(cross-posted to Handknit Holidays-along)

I'm mid-way through knitting a candy-cane hat from Handknit Holidays and have just started the decreases. My stripes were tracking nicely around the hat in a clockwise manner and it seems to me that with the beginning of the decreases they've reversed directions.
I don't have a picture of it and I don't have the hat here to fix that lack.
Has anyone whose done one of these noticed this oddity? Could someone post a top down view of the hat so I can see if I'm doing it wrong?
Thanks everyone.

(As a side note, this was my very first fair isle project and while I can't say I enjoyed every minute of it, it was loads of fun and I've purchased the yarn to make a flower bag or two)

2 Comments:

At 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fair Isle. Scares me. I'm thinking about making this the year of fair isle though..... face that fear! Can't wait to see yours!

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found a KNitalong Site that mentioned this errata.
Rnd 1 should say
Rnd 1 K1, *skp, K4, repeat to last 5 sts, skp, K3

Does that make more sense?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home