Monday, December 19, 2005

Pair of Sock IV

Here is the long awaited photograph of the sock and its girlfriend.
As you may have been able to deduce from the link, I finished them in August. I probably waited a month or two to sew the ends in, and then took their portrait during the whirlwind of photography that occurred after I was pissy for a day in early November.
And so, here they are, ends sewn in, posing together for the very first time.



They have not yet been worn. It's too cold to wear short little socks, even short little wool socks. I expect they will be very popular come spring. And they are cute.

Ooh, they were also quite lovely to knit. The yarn is Sock Landscape from KnitPicks in the color Morning Glory. The yarn seemed softer than Regia's, but was not as wonderful to work with as Koigu's KPPM or Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock. It was a tad splitty, but not extremely so. All in all, I say for the price, it's darn good yarn. This seems to be an opinion I share with the folks over at Knitters Review.

1 Comments:

At 6:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh... ahhh!! Love em'!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home