Friday, February 03, 2006

KAL Updates II

So, in KAL news, I'm overbooking myself again. (I'm not as bad about this as some people I know, go look at Kat's schedule this quarter if you want to know what real overbooking is all about!)

Panta-along:
Knitting finished, need to weave in the ends and sew the bottom ends together. I used Cascade Fixation in a varegated blue. Signing up for this one is a little unfair. The knitting's was finished before the KAL started.

Knitting Olympics:
I still don't know what I'm going to knit for this. I could do the knitting for the NWRSA fiber exchange, or the Sockapaloooza knitting, or, for something completely different, I could make my first Baby Suprise Sweater a la Elizabeth Zimmerman. Probably the most challenging option, I could do the finishing on the oldest unfinished object in my stash. But that deserves a post of its own.

Jaywalker:
Still stalled, need to cast on second sock. It is not looking good for finishing the pair by the deadline.

Handknit Holidays:
Thinking about what to knit from this book next. I have a set of yarn for the floral fair-isle bag, but there are so many neat projects in that book that I'm not sure which to do.

Warm Hands:
Remember the green wristwarmer from December's KAL Update? It has resumed life as a ball of yarn. I decided the hand section was just too big and ripped it out. However, I have finished one wristwarmer just like Peacock's and the other one is on the needles.

Sockapaloooza:
Matches have been made!!! I know who my sock partner is. I'm plotting her socks at this very moment, though I currently have no actual decisions made about color, style, yarn or anything.

Postcard Swap:
The postcard swap is in full swing. My cards went out a week ago just before Chinese New Year. Each of them featured 3 different hand-dyed fabrics and a picture of my puppy. I've been enjoying receiving postcards too, look forward to seeing them in their very own post.

SYNO:
I got it finished and sent shortly after the hosts asked for the final round-up. It's 3 months overdue, but I've been in contact with MellowTrouble since before the deadline passed in November. She's been very understanding and is excited to see it when it arrives.

2 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

Hi Bethiee!

I received your beautiful postcard and wanted to say thank you! The colours are gorgeous. I especially love the purple and blue fabric. And that's so awesome that it includes a picture of your very own dog!

And thank you so much for the nice things you said about my blog. That really made my day :)

I hope you're doing great and receiving some wonderful postcards too! Thanks again and Happy Year of the Dog!

 
At 1:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there ;) i got my scarf today and i loooooove it!! it's beautiful and super long and lovely and the knitting looks perfect, wow. thanks so much ~ i know it was a really big job to do, but i will wear it so happily for years to come ;)

thank you again! i'll be posting pics in a few days, gotta find the right setting for that beautiful scarf.

and the candy? gone in a flash! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home