Monday, February 06, 2006

...Priceless

1/2 tank of gas: 20.00

Lift tickets and ski rentals for two: 150.00

Getting to laugh at your roomate when she falls over at the bottom of the hill ...Priceless.

Having to drive her home after she actually injures herself in her last run of the day ...could'a done without that one, but at least we both had fun.
We were on the hill for about 3 hours. This did not seem like much return for the money until I realized that if we'd been there on a normal day, you know one where people have to wait in line for the lifts, the 6 runs we both did would have involved at least 3 hours of wait time at the bottom of the hill. Add to that the 2 runs I did after she went in to Ski Patrol with an annoyed knee, and you have 8 runs which one could reasonably expect would take the better part of 8 hours if there had been more skiiers on the hill...

No wonder I'm more sore than I expected for 3 hours of skiing. I packed a full day's worth into just 3 hours.

In related news, I ski better than I thought I would. It's amazing how little you forget even over a lapse of many years. It's been at least 6 since I was on skiis. I guess it's kind-of like falling off riding a bicycle, once you figure out how to do it, you never forget

2 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Blogger Peacock said...

"It's all fun and games until someone breaks a kneecap... then it's hillarious."

Ski patrol said the same thing as you did: "You always get injured on the last run of the day..." It wasn't supposed to be the last run of the day, y'know. If I hadn't injured myself, it wouldn't have been! ...

Somehow I think that if you injure yourself and it's NOT the last run of the day, then something's majorly wrong! Ha!

 
At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh - I am jealous! Snow! Winter! Grrr.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home