Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Knitting Olympics - III

No picture tonight because I have an interview tomorrow and need to go to sleep.

However a fair bit of knitting was completed as we watched the rather terrible day had at the Olympics. It appears that the woman's downhill skiing hill was out to get people. 3 skiers were carried off after spectacular crashes. Add to that a luger getting knocked unconscious and 2 falls during men's speed skating and I wasn't sure I wanted to watch the pairs long program. We're not all the way done watching it, but so far we've not observed any casualties. I'd very much like to keep it that way.

The knitting score:
Cuff: completed.
Leg: completed.
Heel: completed.
Foot: 1/3 knitted.

I am quite enjoying this pattern, the stitch is interesting enough to keep me engaged and still very easy to keep track of while doing something else... like watching the Olympics! I'm seriously considering knitting a second pair in this pattern for myself right after I finish this pair, while it's still fresh in my mind...
More likely my wandering eye will stray to another project. I will, however, remember to look kindly upon Nancy Bush's patterns in the future as this one has been a joy to knit and I've heard nothing but good things about them from other knitters. PurlyWhites' Master Study comes to mind as a particularly good example of one knitter's devotion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home