Monday, February 13, 2006

Knitting Olympics - II

You met my socks last night early this morning. What you don't know it that they have a secret identity.

They're being knit for someone else...

That's right, I'm knitting my Sockapaloooza socks for the Knitting Olympics.
My tardiness with the Stitch Ya Neck Out exchange was something I would very much like not to repeat, so I am doing everything in my power to ensure that this project is completed well in advance of the deadline.
Look at it this way, even if I don't earn a gold medal button, I'll have a significant head-start on my socks.

Either way I win.

That said, I'm really hoping the darn socks start to behave a little better. Having to cast on 3 times is not really my idea of an auspicious beginning.

What's wrong with this picture??



That's right, six needles instead of the standard 5, one of them broken. No, I don't know how it happened. Thankfully Peacock had an extra set in the very same size so I've traded out the wounded teammember and continued knitting.

Here's the current score:
Cuff: completed.
Leg: completed (6 repeats instead of the 7 called for in the pattern).
Heel Flap and Turn: completed (15 slip sts along selvage instead of 17 in pattern).
Gusset: barely begun, but going smoothly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home