Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Secret Pal 6 Package 2

Secret Pal
Did receive package {full stop} Was convinced had already posted... Until tonight, Peacock proved I hadn't {full stop} Hope I emailed you a thank you note then... Cannot say for sure {full stop}
Bethieee


Okay... enough with the telegram already, you can't send pictures in a telegram and I have a picture to post of the fun package that my wonderful secret pal sent to me.



The package contained some lovely Araycbua... (woops, that's what I get for touch typing with my hand in the wrong spot) Auracania Nature Wool in shade 16. It's the prettiest mottled green. I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to make out of it. There were also an assortment of rovings, three wool, two of them hand-dyed in pastels, one plain white. I'm looking forward to spinning the pastels because I've not worked with roving that contained very much white before and I have no idea how they're likely to come out. Last, there was a bag of cotton sliver that is currently sitting there in the box and intimidating me.

The reason the cotton sliver is intimidating me is because I currently am only capable of spinning cotton on a drop spindle! I realize that this is not the normal way of things, but it is a VERY light drop spindle and I spin a very high twist cotton single on it. However this requires putting quite a bit of strain on my wrists and fingers, to say nothing of the inordinate amounts of time required to spin a decent quantity. This cotton will likely remain unspun until I have mastered the long draw and am the proud owner of a charka (preferably a Bosworth, though I suspect that is getting ahead of myself).

Thank you Secret Pal, you rock!
I very sincerely hope that I have not left you hanging for far too long, but if I have, please accept my sincerest appologies.

1 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Pal, You did indeed thank me. I'm glad you like it. I can't wait until you get the package that is currently in the mail. It contains wayyyyyyyy more then the packages I've been sending. I had to literally cram everything into the box, and still have a few things I had to save to mail next time. lol It was a sight to see, me holding the box shut with all my might while I taped it up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home