Monday, October 17, 2005

Toe-Up Socks with Heel Flap IV

So after having ripped the sock all the way back to a ball of yarn almost a month ago, I've started them back up again.
I started the toe from a figure-8 cast on without the figure-8's (you just wrap the yarn around your double points and knit off the pair of them... the first couple of rows are like knitting a porcupine, I'll get pictures at some point, it's rather impressive having 4 knitting needles each pointing completely opposing directions) and then increased to 16 stitches per needle.
I'm ribbing the top portion of the sock, it's been just over 2 inches and I'm already sick of ribbing, we'll see how long this lasts.
Hopefully this time will go better than last time and I'll be able to get pictures of my first sock weight toe up socks with heel flaps. I already know I like the concept because that's how I did my SET socks.

2 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there!

Did you decide to give up on the SET socks? I'm asking because this is a very important thing for me to know . See, I got totally burned by my SP5 exchange partner. She disappeared and was not heard from. I vowed I would never again do exchanges of any sort. Rox persuaded me to do this, vouching for each of the participants.

I'm almost finished with the socks for my SET partner. We've had lots of communication and she's been kind about me being behind (several weeks of very busy, several more of very sick.) I will be sending them out to her next week.

On the other hand, I haven't heard from you since your initial email. I'm just wondering if you've given up on this. If you have, please let me know, okay? It's really discouraging to be looking for something in the mail and never have it arrive...

Thanks.
~Susie

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Bethieee said...

Rox was correct in vouching for the participants on this one..

I love the socks I knitted for you. They fit me perfectly and I want to keep them, but they're yours and going to start the trek cross'country to you as soon as I find a box worthy of their greatness!

(I haven't even worn them to take their pictures... eeeek! I have to take their pictures before they go out to you!!!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home