Thursday, September 22, 2005

Multidirectional Scarf

Well, this one didn't get more than a passing mention in another post, but I'm already finished. It's 2 skeins of Noro Silk Garden worked up on borrowed needles (I don't remember thier size) into triangles with a 19 stitch hypoteneuse. I just got up and measured the scarf it's 3" by 64" which seems narrower than it ought to be. I got the pattern online... here.



It worked up pretty quickly and was completely brainless once I got started. The only problem was that the first time I tried to do it, I really looked at it when it was about two feet long and realized that I was currenly working triangles that were half the size of the ones I started with. That was a problem; it could be a design feature if I do it intentionally next time, but this time I ripped it back out and did it again.
I think the multidirectional part would be much more obvious if I used a yarn with shorter transitions or made a wider scarf. See TheKeyboardBiologist's (shorter transitions), TheKnittingFool's (wider scarf), and KnitFlix's (stranded striping).

And tomorrow we're off to OFFF!! Wheee!!!

1 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Blogger Faith said...

Oh my gosh, I'm working on the same scarf, only wider! Check it out in this post: http://flashbangfibers.blogspot.com/2005/08/on-needles.html

Yours lookes great. I got my pattern from my LYS. One of my friends has been asking me for it -- thanks so much for the link to the pattern. It'll make it so much easier to share it now! =) Isn't Noro fabulous? I'm completely hooked. I want it all!! Must buy more Noro!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home