Over the weekend, while watching TV, actually, I started my Stitch Ya Neck Out scarf. You'd think I'd know better than to start a charted pattern while watching a movie. I don't. I got away with it too...
There were mistakes made, but the discoveries far outweighed them. I discovered that I hated the bobbles as the pattern directed and decided to switch out both the popcorns and the bobbles for Annie Modesit's I-Bobble. I'm much happier with a puffy round bobble than I was with the wonky square bobbles I was getting.
So I started it on Saturday evening (twice). Started over on Sunday at the state fair, and by Wednesday I'm finished with the entire first ball. I only look at the chart periodically and spent over an hour on it today during the bus ride to work.
It's going well. I do have some tension concerns, but I hope that blocking will minimize them. I suppose I'll find out when I get to that stage in things. I have discovered that at least one of them can be fixed by manually tweaking the tension of the offending stitches... over the course of an entire scarf, that would be tedious! So I hope it's not necessary.
I'm encouraged, maybe I'll make something cabled for myself this winter.