Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Toe-Up Socks with Heel Flap

I took Purly Whites' suggestion and googled for "toe up heel flap" and found a number of useful links. I found a number of sites that have patterns that claim to produce socks knitted from the toe up with heel flaps.
I'll probably go looking for more later, but for the time being, I've started another pair of socks. And this pair will have my first attempt at a backwards heel flap.
The socks are being done in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock, I think the color is Black Watch, though I'm not sure and don't have the ball bands any more. There's not very much blue, so maybe it's a discontinued color.
I'm thinking to try Denise's instructions first as I like the look of the pattern best, but at some point I'm sure I'll try all three of them, and however many more I find. Unless, of course, I fall head over heels in love with one pattern before then.

1 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting! I can't wait to see how this turns out. Keep us posted!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home