Saturday, August 20, 2005

Pair of Sock II

The sock's girlfriend now has a heel. I took it dancing last night and pulled out the offending rows; I think I knit past one of the wraps thereby getting ahead of myself on half of the heel. At any rate, last night as I sat through the beginners lesson at the Emerald City Contra Dance, I got that fixed and was again working in the correct direction. That is, forwards, towards the cuff of the sock, I'm making these backwards, er... toe up, just to see how I like it. The one thing I'm worrying about is that I prefer flapped heels to short row and I have not yet found a way to emulate a heel flap while working from toe to cuff. Any suggestions?
This morning, while strewing plastic containers all over the garage, we were organizing them, honest.. I took a break and finished the heel and the first couple rows of the cuff. I am within 10 rows and 4 ends of a completed pair of pairs of sock. I list sewing in the ends separately because I have, unfortunately, been known to leave pairs of socks with nothing missing but the ends in the work-in-progress pile for over a year. To my credit, that particular pile got put in a box that got lost in a move that early in that year, but it's still ridiculous.

1 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure there is know way to knit a placket heel toe-up. You are stuck with the short-row. I've never heard otherwise, but I'd google just to be sure.

I got your SYNO package! I'll send you a thank you email shortly and post about it shortly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home