Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Kitten Approved Pictures: SP9 and Ornamental II



My parents and I went to Williamsburg for the New Year's. The wreaths they had on almost every door were quite fun to look at. Here's one of my favorites, the dried yellow flowers sanding out quite nicely against the green leaves and red wall.

I promised a picture of the lovely package my SP9 sent me forever ago. The kitty has approved both the package and the picture. I am looking forward to working up some washcloths with the cotton, but I am trying not to start any more projects before I finish at least one of the ones I already have on my needles. We'll see how long I actually stick to that resolution. At any rate, here's the package.



5 balls of Sugar'n'Cream in blues and greens, some fabulous chocolate. I ate the last piece just before the New Year's trip, it's the first time in a very long time that I've liked chocolate enough to ration it. It was in such perfect bite sized pieces to do just that. The raspberry hard candies are slowly disappearing, I don't tend to eat as much hard candy as I do chocolate, but they are quite yummy. Up at the top of the book, you can just barely see some stitchmarkers with fascinating square beads. I've not started a project with stitchmarkers lately, but I am looking forward to using them.

And now for the amusing part of this story. This is, actually, my third copy of Mason-Dixon Knitting. Kat sent out a request in her SP9 questionnaire, and I do believe that the powers that be decided that the entire family must have been in need of this book. I love this book and am very glad that this surplus allowed me to pass on the joy that is MDK, but I do find it laughable to have 3 copies of it in a one-knitter household. I am now down to the much more reasonable number of 2 copies having put together a very similar package for my SP when it was revealed to me that she did not yet have a copy.

(however much the kitten might like yarn, he does not knit)



Which brings me to my next kitten approved package. I got my ornamental swap package, a lovely box full of Wee's, all the way from Australia. Thank you, Belinda, thank you so very much! Aren't they cute? Their faces are so expressive for so little stitching.



Last, but not least we have the two ornaments that I sent out. They are the ones described in my ornament recipe from December. Quite fun to knit and take almost no yarn, but infinitely variable. Looking at them now I wish I'd thought to needle-felt some embelishment onto them, but I did not, alas.

2 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Blogger Craftybernie said...

Hi Bethieee

Just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU for the wonderful package you sent me as part of the Ornamental 2 swap, which arrived safely the other day.

I'm sorry I haven't been in touch sooner. I haven't blogged about this as I was ill over Christmas. I am hoping to start catching up in the coming days.

You have been way to generous with your gifts (not that I'm complaining) and it was a real pick me up to receive them. Yes I know it was Christmas and presents were flying around left, right and center, but it was nice to receive something so unexpected. The decoration still made it on to the Christmas tree!

I opened the gorgeous almond and cranberry dark chocolate this evening and refused to share it with anyone. It was soooo wonderful and went down a treat. I can't wait to use the wool you sent but I'll be saving it for a special project. Thanks also for the fab Sharpie markers - they're not so common over here so they were a lovely surprise in the package.

In fact, I love everything! Even down to your thoughtful colour co-ordination of the contents: the Christmas tissues, the garland for the tree, everything. My daughter's favourite colour is turquoise so she was eyeing up the contents with interest!

Thanks again, Bethieee, and I hope to visit your blog again soon. I do hope you received something equally special from your Ornamental swap partner.

Best wishes for a Happy 2007, Bernie. X

 
At 6:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is it about even a closed box of craft supplies that draws the attention of a cat? Ours strike precisely the same pose over any supplies that arrive. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home