Friday, August 18, 2006

Unpacking and Knitting

And periodically sleeping or eating.
And really that's about all I've been up to.

I've finished the back and both fronts of the purple sweater I'm working on.
The sleeves started with 5.5 inches of a "lacy" stitch that I didn't wind up liking (double wrap every stitch on every other row). So in the spirit of continutity with all the other trim on this sweater, I've switched their stitch out for the moss stitch that all the other accent yarn is in.
I hope I like it.

I'm working at getting my bench set up for some minor metal work projects.
Yesterday I finally managed to go buy butane and MAPP gas to run my torches and we'll see if I'm forgetting anything else when I actually sit down and try to do some work later this evening.

Not that there's that much more of this evening left.
I didn't get to sleep until 5:30 this morning and woke up around 2, but I've set an alarm for 10 to reminde me to go to bed whether I'm tired or not.
I need to be sentient in the morning on Monday and having the weekend start with my schedule shifted by about 7 hours from where I'd like it to be is not my idea of a good way to make that happen.

At any rate.
If anyone here doesn't know, Peacock had her knee surgery yesterday. Please keep her in your thoughts and wish her a speedy recovery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home