Sunday, May 21, 2006

Wedding Knitting

I brought a sock to knit at a wedding figuring that since I was only just past the gusset there was absolutely no way I'd run out of yarn before the day was over.
Boy was I wrong...

I got to the toe by the end of the ceremony (a lovely short ceremony to be sure). When I sat down at the reception to knit the toe I realized I had a problem. I'm following a Nancy Bush pattern from Knitting Vintage Socks and I only photocopied one page of the pattern. The page I copied did not contain the entire toe...

I knit what I could, but I may need to take what I knit of the toe out anyways since it may be too short to wear comfortably. I'm unfamiliar with how much length this toe adds and didn't have a handy way to measure, so I started it where it seemed right and hopefully it will work out.
I won't find out until after I get home because the rest of the pattern is two states away. What sort of monkey leaves the state with only a partial knitting pattern? Apparently the sort of monkey that I am.

The good news: I have 3 other projects with me.
One of them is samples for a super-secret commissioned project that I will be showing to the requester at some point in the near future. I hope they fit the bill because I'm looking forward to doing that sort of work again.
An other is the feather and fan "swatch" that has been on the needles since the beginning of time... okay really only since last summer.
Last, but not least is the pair of wristies that will be part of my NWRSA fiber exchange ensemble. I'll easily finish them on this trip and need to figure out what I'm going to do with the last half of this ball of yarn...

1 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you just hate when you run out of pattern but have the time and the yarn? Argh! I've been there, I feel for you. Kudoos on having back ups!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home