Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Dragons are Yellow

Easter weekend is when Norwescon happens.

At con I normally run into a gentleman that makes polymer clay dragons at least once. This year, I found him in the halls and he was selling dragons made of paper clay instead of polymer.



This little dragon climbed up onto my shoulder and looked at me. He was so smitten I just had to let him follow me home and take up residence in my fishbowl-mug.



I've forgotten the name of the stone he's holding in his tail.

The artist catches a unique personality with each of his miniature sculptures. This was true in the polymer clay and may be even more true with the paper clay. He said the new medium is allowing him to work larger than the polymer allowed and I'm really looking forward to seeing what he does with the larger pieces.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home