Thursday, April 20, 2006

Hair and Changes

A week ago my hair looked like this:



And yes, that lovely sweater is the one that I finished earlier this spring as part of my UFOlympics. It's distinctly tardy, but I do have photographic proof that it exists.



I'm particularly fond of the stripes going different directions on the body and the arms. I'm not quite sure why as that is the one aspect of this sweater that I was distinctly worried about disliking while I was knitting it.

This is my hair now:



It is able to be laid down onto my head, but only with a fair bit of styling product and letting it dry while being squished flat by a headband....
A headband like my recently seamed panta. My only objection is that putting the ribbed panta on while my hair is wet results in slightly corrugated hair! I guess this means I need to make myself a stockinette panta-esque thingy...
I could just go buy a stretchy headband, but that would be too easy.



I like it!
It's really easy to care for, just wet, add goop with hands and let dry. The only thing I'm having trouble with is using enough goop. It seems to require twice as much as I think it ought to get it to mostly behave (like in this picture) and at least 4 to 6 times as much if I want it to pretend that it's straight and lay down behind my ears instead of poofing out around them.

4 Comments:

At 6:28 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said...

I love the new 'do. But then I love my wash, comb, and go cut. I don't even use 'goo'.

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Love the new haircut! Very cute on you :)

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger Elifce said...

While I was surfing about knitting I found your blog. I like the sweater, your new hair and the dog too :)

I have knitting vidoes in my blog. If you wish you can see them in e-craft.blogspot.com

See you...

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Cute haircut....I'm all for quick hairstyles. I have a friend who spends thirty minutes styling her hair every day - 5 minutes is my limit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home