Saturday, April 01, 2006

Baby Sweaters are Yellow

So it's April and in Project Spectrum land, that means yellow and orange are the colors to be working with.

Accordingly, I've started a baby sweater for a little one that is due in May (I think). I'm using the very first pattern in Erika Knight's Simple Knits for Cherished Babies (I don't remember the name of the pattern) and an extra vibrant yellow cotton yarn.



Can you see the piggy? It's not yellow, it was trying to defend me from the sheepies on the yarn's label. See ??



I'm not sure what it thought the sheepies were going to do to me but it was adamant that I needed protecting.

I actually started the sweater early because there was a K'n'B on Thursday evening for which I desperately wanted a new project. I'm more than halfway done with the front of the sweater and I definitely understand how one of my friends from college got addicted to knitting baby stuff. It's so fast... If I adult sweaters knitted up this quickly I'd go broke buying yarn and my house would overflow with handknitted garments.

1 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said...

Wow - what a cheery yellow!

Come visit my stash flash.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home