Thursday, July 28, 2005

Mobius Basket

The finished mobius basket came out of the loom room last night to have its glamour shots taken before it goes off to its new home. My sister's birthday has come and gone, but I called and got permission to give her present to her when she was in town for a math conference this month. Despite the extension of the due date, I only got one of the baskets finished. The other one has not actually been seen since early spring. This is particularly annoying since it has a pair of my Denise needles in it.

A note to the Mobius Basket:
I know you think I don't love you, but I do. I'm not just saying this so you'll give me my needles back (though I really do miss them). If you come back I'll finish you and send you off to live with your twin. I really do believe there's room in her heart for both of you and if you hadn't run off we'd all get to find out next week. However, since you've not poked your head out from under whatever pile you're hiding in lately, the darker basket gets a head start. Please come back.
-The knitter

2 Comments:

At 12:58 AM, Blogger Rabbitch said...

Word to the wise: Most sentences that contain "come back and I'll finish you off" are not considered particularly inviting.

I'm just sayin'.

If, however, this works, please let me know as I have some missing hand carders and a doohickey for my table plus several sets of needles and a couple of projects I can't find.

Oh yes, and my mind. I'd like that back, too.

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Bethieee said...

It worked.. The mobius poked its head up out of a drawer full of yarn earlier this evening!
(sadly, it has not yet worked for the digital camera that wandered off two years ago)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home