Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Feather and Fan III

So I'm still working on my "guage swatch." No real suprise there, it takes a whole lot of time to knit up an entire ball of Zephyr.
At any rate, I was working on it during my economics class and thought everything was going well. When I picked it up a day later waiting for lunch I noticed that about 16 rows back I'd worked a pattern row, a knit row and another pattern row. I was supposed to have had two more rows between the pattern rows. The row pattern is supposed to be pattern, knit, knit, purl, pattern. After a day I decided to pull it back to the problem and work it again. Whee, away goes about three hours of work.
(I meant to take a picture of it at the knitting group last night, but I forgot, and I've ripped it so I no longer have the mistake availiable to photograph.. bother!)
I put the live stitches onto a lifeline and then picked up the stitches a row below the problem with a tapestry needle to put in another lifeline. That went well and I got all the stitches picked up without incident. Just for fun I spread out the shawl to see how big it was. It's almost 2 yards across! I'm not going to get it to square... (I only have about 1/3 of the ball left and it's only 15 or so inches tall.
I want to keep going until I run out of yarn and I'll decide what to do after that. I'm thinking a double border, but will need to dig through the pattern books to figure out which patterns to use.

1 Comments:

At 2:52 AM, Blogger Mary Jones said...

Bad luck gipsieee. We've all done it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home