Sunday, May 06, 2007

Giant doily!

For the NWRSA fiber exchange, I'm crochetting a shawl. It's the cover picture on Amazing Crochet Lace by Doris Chan. In other words, I'm crocheting a giant doily.

Only I don't have enough yarn to do the whole thing, so I did the center section in the round, and folded it in half, and then am working the leaf pattern around a smaller section. I have just over one half the number of leaves because I wound up with an odd number of sections and as written, each leaf required two sections for its base. So I centered the odd one and made an extra leaf with only one section at its base. I hope I like how this turns out.

For those of you who read Spin-Off, it's the same technique employed by Regina Rooney in the Four Generation Shawl (Spring 2007). I would have loved to do that shawl pattern for this project, but I didn't make the yarn thin enough, or even enough. Alas. Perhaps I'll do it out of commercial yarn at some point, or maybe I'll get back to the spinning with a different fiber.

2 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Blogger Quail Hill Knits said...

The pattern looks amazing. I can't wait to ssee then finished project.

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Mia said...

Happy birthday! I'm quite a few days late, sorry! I hope you had a great day :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home