Friday, May 27, 2005

Feather and Fan II

I have about 3 inches of this shawl finished. I spent about 2 hours working on it tonight, and about another half an hour working backwards and got roughly one four row repeat finished. I'm going to be working on this forever! (pout)
But I'm getting lots of attention when I work on it in public and most of the people compliment it and say it's going to be gorgeous. I try not to growl at the people who come up and make small talk when I'm obviously counting stitches...


"one, two, three, four, five, six, one, two"
"What are you crochetting?"
"three, I'm (four) knitting a shawl, five"
"Oh, it's (six) lovely, what kind of yarn is it?"
"A blend (one, two) of merino and silk"


It's so hard not to yell at them when I'm counting out loud... Perhaps I need to learn patience. This is a wonderful way to get practice with patience. Answering kindly and introducing someone new to a craft that I love in a manner that will cause them to think kindly of it when I'd like to smack them and say "I'm counting, leave me alone" is quite a lot of work.

I'm so excited about the secret pal 5. Sign up closes in 48 hours and both my roomate and I are in which is wonderful since I happened upon it while procrastinating and looking at blogs yesterday and I could have so easily missed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home