Sunday, June 05, 2005

Blog Envy

My roomate has spent the weekend working on her blog. Now mine is still all text and in the funny pink template that I picked because it was the best of the rather blah options available and hers is all pretty and peacock themed. I haven't even really decided what I want to do with mine. I know I don't want it to be pink forever, but she discovered that working within this style sheet is easier said than done where changes are concerned because a number of the pieces are images rather than things that can be controlled by simply coding for a different color.
Mind you I say "simply coding for a different color" and I'm not sure I believe even that is particularly simple. It was a major acomplishment for me to get the ring code up on my site when I first started the blog. And I'm still rather impressed that I did it all by myself. Anthing more than that and I'm afraid I'm going to need to get help.
Help and more free time. The help is easy, I ask the resident computer geek. The free time is a little harder to arrange. So this blog is liable to remain pink for the forseeable future. And, if I'm lucky, I'll figure out how to post pictures to it.... oh, and get links to the blogs I read regularly posted to as sidebar, and... and... and...
I think you get the point. I have lots of things that I'd change if I had unlimited free time. We'll see when I get around to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home