Friday, March 11, 2005

Greetings

One (more) blog...
Reason - I have too many projects on my needles and I wanted a way to hold myself accountable for them. So now I'm here and intend to post pictures and approximate dates to figure out where things started and how long it's taking me to finish them.

As with so many people, when I was little my mother taught me to knit. I even liked it. The reason I did not continue with it at the time is that she refused to allow me to start a project before I'd finished the prior one. I can understand that this is a valid approach for some, but on the other hand, it is not how I tend to work. I start something, put it down when I get bored, work on something else and at some point (hopefully) I get back to the first project to finish it up . This seems to work much better for me than trying to work any one thing through from completion to start (that's backwards, isn't it?)

I picked up a crochet hook a few years ago while in college and shortly thereafter switched back to knitting as a result of the dearth of patterns that I liked for crochet. Knitting has firmly taken hold (as have weaving, spinning and just enough crochet to do the decorative edgings on some of my patterns).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home